Why are health and safety is important?
Everyone wants to make their body fit and a great personality in today’s time, but the thing is that doing gym is a good exercise but do you know that if the gym environment is not right then there can be a negative effect on your body.
And we will get a lot of attention and detail information on this topic today, let us know why our health and body are important. A good environment Our body is a delicate one, if we do not take care of it much then it can cause more damage to us.
Medical Fitness And Safety?
In today’s fitness environments, more participants are attending facilities with pre-existing medical
conditions. Some participants with pre-existing medical conditions are actively encouraged by
their GP to begin a fitness regimen. Common medical conditions that may be encountered include:-
• hypertension – high blood pressure
• CHD – coronary heart disease (known and unknown to the individual)
• cancer – in remission
• recovery from major and minor surgical operations
• musculoskeletal injuries
• diabetes mellitus.
With the increase in the number of participants with pre-existing medical conditions comes the
increased risk of a medical emergency happening during an exercise session. Possible medical
emergencies and their symptoms are as follows:-
• angina – chest pain, chest tightness when performing physical activity
• heart attack – chest tightening, pain spreading to shoulders, neck, and arms
• asthma attack – severe wheezing and coughing, rapid breathing, anxiety, and panic
• anaphylactic shock – itching, red raised blotchy skin, swelling and shortness of breath
Did You Know Safety Fitness Health?
Although you might consider your health and safety policy to be something of a secondary concern, you actually have a legal obligation to draw up a written policy and provide thorough training to employees. Due to the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974, all employers have a responsibility to keep staff, visitors, and customers as safe as possible.
Owners of gyms and leisure centers certainly aren’t exempt from these laws and must be able to prove they’ve done everything “reasonably practical” to ensure the health and safety of those on their premises. Essentially, this involves identifying any hazards and then taking the necessary steps to either control or eradicate those risks.
There aren’t any specific legal requirements for those that run businesses in the leisure sector, but the Adventure Activities Licensing Regulations, 1996, ensure that all adventure activities follow effective safety management practices—since they pose even greater risks than other leisure activities.
Duty GYM owner
- Fitness instructors must be familiar and confident with the equipment available on the gym floor,
- In or out of the swimming pool, studio. Instructors should have learned how to use the equipment
- in a safe and effective way and will also have taught countless participants how to use
- equipment safely. However, this does not mean that all trainers will always follow this advice.
- And accidents often happen when least expected.
What are the three main reasons why a health and safety management system is important?
1. MORAL REASONS
We should not be letting employees become ill or injured in the workplace. It costs society upwards of £14 billion every year to help people recover from workplace accidents. We all know we have to provide a safe place to work, but once we have ticked the box, that doesn’t mean we can simply ignore it afterward. We have to ensure everyone is on board with our safe working methods, getting them involved in policymaking, risk management, and developing safe working procedures will ensure they are fully engaged in our methods.
2. FINANCIAL REASONS
There can be some investment responsibilities here, but if we measure the ‘cost versus the consequence’ we can determine the level of financial investment required. This can include training courses, newer and better work equipment or machines, or simple information, instruction, and supervision that doesn’t have to cost the earth can make a big difference to help towards working safely and efficiently.
Any accident in the workplace will have a financial consequence, a small accident can result in lost time to the business which can inadvertently affect productivity and profits. Investigation time can take people away from their normal day-to-day job, people may need to be trained to replace the injured person, others may have to increase their workload to cover the injured person and so we can see how we come up with the £14 billion figure.
3. Legal reasons.
If you are over the gym, then you should know all these types of reasons that you should keep in mind while training, so that if there is no health and fitness environment in your gym, then the environment of your gym will have to be made so that all the people Take care of you and you can work keeping in mind all types of legal policies and you can focus on health.
READ ALSO :-
- Protein In Bournvita | What are the benefits of Bournvita?
- is Horlicks good for health | What are the side effects of Horlicks?
- TB Patient Diet Chart | A healthy balanced diet Plan for TB Patient
- 1300 calorie Indian diet plan How can I eat 1200 calories a day in India?
- gym diet plan for muscle gain beginner | nutrition tips and trick for gym beginner 2021